The first set of freshman papers are being graded, and my husband is back from his trip, so my tatting leisure time has been a bit more limited this week. Once I got done with two consecutive evenings of work Monday and Tuesday, I was able to finish and block my fifth motif last night.
This is “Basket of Eggs,” from A Pattern Book of Tatting, in DMC Cebelia #10. I made a mistake on the next to the last large interior ring, and didn’t attach it at both picots.
Time to make something a little less big and bold — a little more delicate. I’ve got an Altin Basak #50 blue-white variegated that I’m going to use for the next motif, which is going to be mostly chains — not my favorite kind, but I’m trying to expand my horizons.